- Home >
- About this website
About this website
Welcome to Mastering Ionic, a website created and maintained by myself - James Griffiths, a self-employed developer, writer and artist based in England.
As a mobile app developer with over 5 years experience of developing for iOS & Android I've worked on a number of high level projects for clients including Virgin media, Evans Cycles, Shelter, The British Science Association and EDF Energy. During this time I've released hundreds of blog articles detailing different aspects of web/mobile design & development on my website Saints at Play which receives, on average, a 100,000 visits a year.
Since late 2015 I've worked almost exclusively with the Ionic Framework for developing mobile and tablet applications on a variety of projects. This website is a result of my learning to date and provides free articles and resources for working with this framework along with related technologies including TypeScript, Angular, Apache Cordova, HTML5 and Sass.
In addition to the free articles available on this website I'm also the author of Mastering Ionic - a detailed and informative, easy to follow guide to developing iOS & Android apps with the Ionic Framework that you can use in real world projects. The e-book comes with links to download the code samples for all tutorials and projects and will be regularly updated with new information and content as the framework, along with my learning, continues to evolve.
I also run a mailing list which developers and interested parties can subscribe to and receive news of product announcements, blog articles, e-book updates and substantial discounts on new e-books and products.
- Questions and answers
I offer a free e-mail newsletter service through this website that interested parties can subscribe to.
Powered by MailChimp these newsletters are sent out once to twice a month featuring information about recent blog articles, product announcements, discounts on published e-books and other news and information concerning the Ionic Framework.
I do NOT share subscriber's details with any third party whatsoever (unless compelled to do so under the written instruction of a recognised legal authority), spam my subscribers or behave unethically/illegally. Your interest in my website and e-books is very much appreciated and I want you to know that!
If, for any reason, you want to unsubscribe from the mailing list you can do so at any time with no hassle or complications whatsoever.
I've put a lot of time and effort into creating free articles and code samples that are featured on this website along with links to e-books I've authored that are able to be purchased online.
I hope that you find these informative, easy to read and useful in helping your learning and development as a programmer.
To this end I'm always interested in receiving visitor feedback - so if you think or feel that anything can be improved, have suggestions for articles you'd like to see featured on the website or maybe even want to look at possible submisisons of interest/collaborations don't hesitate to get in touch!
As I've put a lot of time and effort into crafting the articles, e-books and related content featured on this website I respectfully ask that you do not plagiarise or try passing any of this off as your own material. You of course have permission to use any of the featured code samples in your own projects (free from any restrictions) BUT if you want to reproduce articles, either in part or in full,that are featured here on your own websites/social media channels please ask for permission first.
I've put a lot of time and effort into helping to make this website as accessible as possible to all visitors. The following section break down how the website and its content has been authored to this end.
Cross platform support
This website has been designed to be used across a range of desktop, tablet and mobile devices with support for the following:
- Internet Explorer 11+
- Safari 2+
- Firefox 2+
- Google Chrome
- iPhone 4+
- iPad 2+
Images, where appropriate, that are used in the site contain alternative text descriptions.
Page content can be accessed in a linear and logical order even when CSS styling is disabled.
Hyperlinks used in the website are able to be navigated to and activated through keyboard interaction, contain title attributes to provide further information about the purpose of that link and are wrapped around, where possible, descriptive text.
All navigation items are optimised for accessibility with a Skip Links option at the top of the page to allow screenreader software to ‘jump’ to the main content of that page.
All website links, form fields and buttons can be navigated to and activated through use of the standard keyboard TAB key.
All page text, apart from images containing text, can be reduced or enlarged through using the native browser text resizing controls.
Where appropriate ARIA attributes have been used in the pages of this site to help screenreading software to determine how best to process content specific to each page.
Access Keys, to facilitate keyboard navigation, are implemented for this website with the following browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer 11+, Firefox 2+ and Safari 2+ (Access keys are displayed in brackets for each page listed below)
- Home (0)
- Resources (1)
- About (2)
- Feedback (3)
- Products (4)
- Blog (5)
- Terms & Conditions
Through my business, Saints at Play Limited, I aim to provide as secure and unobtrusive a viewing experience as possible when visitors access this website. With this in mind we have constructed the following Terms & Conditions when using this website.
By viewing content and using any and all functionality contained within this website you agree to the following:
- That you will not attempt to introduce any malicious code such as viruses, trojans and other damaging software into the website and furthermore, that you will not attempt to damage or hinder the website and its associated operations in any way, shape or form whatsoever
- That copyright for any and all code and graphics/layout is assigned to Saints at Play Limited and/or third party providers and as a result will not be infringed upon in any way, shape or form whatsoever
- That you will not attempt to send unsolicited commercial e-mails to Saints at Play Limited and its associated clients/partners and/or any other individual/organisation through the Saints at Play Limited website under any circumstances whatsoever
- That no part of the Saints at Play Limited website and/or any work contained within the website itself shall be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means outside of the medium of the Internet, whether they be electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission and written consent of Saints at Play Limited
- Copyright and ownership of content being authorised by Saints at Play Limited shall be attributed and referenced to Saints at Play Limited at all times and in all circumstances.
- Saints at Play Limited cannot guarantee the un-interruption of service provided by ourselves due to external factors such as ISP conditions, weather conditions and other factors which may influence the interruption of service and for this reason we cannot accept liability for any damages and/or loss caused by such factors.
- Saints at Play Limited is not an Internet Service Provider and is therefore not obliged to provide Internet access for Internet users.
- I do NOT capture any personal, identifying information about you when visiting each page in this website, this includes information such as your name, date of birth, legal residence and financial details for example. Information that I do capture is only that provided by yourself should you choose to subscribe to the website mailing list or get in touch via the online feedback form, this includes: full name, telephone number, e-mail address, IP address and OS/Browser type. Additionally the website may log any and all search terms you enter and your mouse clicks to help improve services that I provide by determining where elements of the website may not be functioning effectively.
- I do NOT, under any circumstances, unless explicitly required to do so by law, provide any individual/agency/organisation outside of my business Saints at Play Limited with any and all information you supply about yourself such as through the website mailing list or online feedback form. This does not include my hosting and/or mailing list provider who will be able to access data stored under my business acccount
These cookies can NOT and do NOT capture any personal, identifying information about you during your visit.
- This website uses google analytics and heatmap analysis codes to track user behaviour. By using this website you agree that any and all information gathered by Google through your visit is not the responsibility of myself/Saints at Play Limited and, as a result, you agree that I/we cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable for such data captured by Google. Heatmap analysis tracks the mouse clicks you make when clicking on various pages of the website and is used to provide feedback about how effectively the website functions on a usability level. Heatmap analysis also tracks your browser type and screen resolution/colour. You additionally agree by accessing and using this website that such data can be tracked and used by myself/Saints at Play Limited without any limitation other than not being provided to any parties outside of myself/Saints at Play Limited and the heatmap software provider.
Keep up to date with the latest news and developments in the Ionic world with our free e-mail newsletter.
Subscribe today and benefit from the following:
- Advance notice of blog articles
- Product news & announcements
- Details of current & upcoming promotions
- Discounts on new e-book releases
My promise to you
I won’t deluge you with spam or share/sell your details with others and you can always unsubscribe from receiving newsletters whenever you want.