- Home >
- About this website
About this website
Welcome to Mastering Ionic, a website created and maintained by myself - James Griffiths, a self-employed developer, writer and artist based in England.
As a mobile app developer with over 5 years experience of developing for iOS & Android I've worked on a number of high level projects for clients including Virgin media, Evans Cycles, Shelter, The British Science Association and EDF Energy. During this time I've released hundreds of blog articles detailing different aspects of web/mobile design & development on my website Saints at Play which receives, on average, a 100,000 visits a year.
Since late 2015 I've worked almost exclusively with the Ionic Framework for developing mobile and tablet applications on a variety of projects. This website is a result of my learning to date and provides free articles and resources for working with this framework along with related technologies including TypeScript, Angular, Apache Cordova, HTML5 and Sass.
In addition to the free articles available on this website I'm also the author of Mastering Ionic - a detailed and informative, easy to follow guide to developing iOS & Android apps with the Ionic Framework that you can use in real world projects. The e-book comes with links to download the code samples for all tutorials and projects and will be regularly updated with new information and content as the framework, along with my learning, continues to evolve.
I also run a mailing list which developers and interested parties can subscribe to and receive news of product announcements, blog articles, e-book updates and substantial discounts on new e-books and products.
- Questions and answers
I offer a free e-mail newsletter service through this website that interested parties can subscribe to.
Powered by MailChimp these newsletters are sent out once to twice a month featuring information about recent blog articles, product announcements, discounts on published e-books and other news and information concerning the Ionic Framework.
I do NOT share subscriber's details with any third party whatsoever (unless compelled to do so under the written instruction of a recognised legal authority), spam my subscribers or behave unethically/illegally. Your interest in my website and e-books is very much appreciated and I want you to know that!
If, for any reason, you want to unsubscribe from the mailing list you can do so at any time with no hassle or complications whatsoever.
I've put a lot of time and effort into creating free articles and code samples that are featured on this website along with links to e-books I've authored that are able to be purchased online.
I hope that you find these informative, easy to read and useful in helping your learning and development as a programmer.
To this end I'm always interested in receiving visitor feedback - so if you think or feel that anything can be improved, have suggestions for articles you'd like to see featured on the website or maybe even want to look at possible submisisons of interest/collaborations don't hesitate to get in touch!
As I've put a lot of time and effort into crafting the articles, e-books and related content featured on this website I respectfully ask that you do not plagiarise or try passing any of this off as your own material. You of course have permission to use any of the featured code samples in your own projects (free from any restrictions) BUT if you want to reproduce articles, either in part or in full,that are featured here on your own websites/social media channels please ask for permission first.
I've put a lot of time and effort into helping to make this website as accessible as possible to all visitors. The following section break down how the website and its content has been authored to this end.
Cross platform support
This website has been designed to be used across a range of desktop, tablet and mobile devices with support for the following:
- Internet Explorer 11+
- Safari 2+
- Firefox 2+
- Google Chrome
- iPhone 4+
- iPad 2+
Images, where appropriate, that are used in the site contain alternative text descriptions.
Page content can be accessed in a linear and logical order even when CSS styling is disabled.
Hyperlinks used in the website are able to be navigated to and activated through keyboard interaction, contain title attributes to provide further information about the purpose of that link and are wrapped around, where possible, descriptive text.
All navigation items are optimised for accessibility with a Skip Links option at the top of the page to allow screenreader software to ‘jump’ to the main content of that page.
All website links, form fields and buttons can be navigated to and activated through use of the standard keyboard TAB key.
All page text, apart from images containing text, can be reduced or enlarged through using the native browser text resizing controls.
Where appropriate ARIA attributes have been used in the pages of this site to help screenreading software to determine how best to process content specific to each page.
Access Keys, to facilitate keyboard navigation, are implemented for this website with the following browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer 11+, Firefox 2+ and Safari 2+ (Access keys are displayed in brackets for each page listed below)
- Home (0)
- Resources (1)
- About (2)
- Feedback (3)
- Products (4)
- Blog (5)
- Terms & Conditions
Through my business, Saints at Play Limited, I aim to provide as secure and unobtrusive a viewing experience as possible when visitors access this website. With this in mind we have constructed the following Terms & Conditions when using this website.
By viewing content and using any and all functionality contained within this website you agree to the following:
- That you will not attempt to introduce any malicious code such as viruses, trojans and other damaging software into the website and furthermore, that you will not attempt to damage or hinder the website and its associated operations in any way, shape or form whatsoever
- That copyright for any and all code and graphics/layout is assigned to Saints at Play Limited and/or third party providers and as a result will not be infringed upon in any way, shape or form whatsoever
- That you will not attempt to send unsolicited commercial e-mails to Saints at Play Limited and its associated clients/partners and/or any other individual/organisation through the Saints at Play Limited website under any circumstances whatsoever
- That no part of the Saints at Play Limited website and/or any work contained within the website itself shall be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means outside of the medium of the Internet, whether they be electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior permission and written consent of Saints at Play Limited
- Copyright and ownership of content being authorised by Saints at Play Limited shall be attributed and referenced to Saints at Play Limited at all times and in all circumstances.
- Saints at Play Limited cannot guarantee the un-interruption of service provided by ourselves due to external factors such as ISP conditions, weather conditions and other factors which may influence the interruption of service and for this reason we cannot accept liability for any damages and/or loss caused by such factors.
- Saints at Play Limited is not an Internet Service Provider and is therefore not obliged to provide Internet access for Internet users.
Submitting a testimonial
You have the option to share your thoughts/feedback on e-books that I have published (that are available for sale through this website) using the submit a testimonial page.
By submitting a testimonial you agree:
- That you are authorised to supply all of the information being submitted
- That this information is not in breach of any national/international laws
- To fully indemnify and hold free from liability Saints at Play Limited, James Griffiths and all related parties in the event of any legal challenges that may arise from the information you submit
- To grant Saints at Play Limited/James Griffiths a non-exclusive, non-monetary, royalty-free license to display your submitted information on the Mastering Ionic website
Submitting a blog article
- All blog article submissions must be typed in Helvetica font with a 12 point font size and a line spacing value of 1.5
- Blog articles must start with an introductory snippet (no more than 300 words in total) to help set the stage for the purpose of the article and finish with an In Summary section which helps to recap the content covered within the article and re-emphasise key points where necessary
- Content within blog articles must be grouped into distinct sections accompanied by relevant, keyword specific headings (to both assist the reader with understanding the article flow as well as helping to promote SEO for the article)
- Metadata for the submitted article must be supplied underneath the article itself (separated by 2 carriage returns and grouped in its own distinct section clearly titled Metadata) which would include the Meta Title, Meta Keywords and Meta Description for the submitted content
- Images to be used within the body of the blog article must be delivered at 928 pixels in width and no more than 600 pixels in height, clearly identified with a descriptive name (such as, for example: angular-application-demonstrating-use-of-animation.gif - this name must also be clearly labelled within the article to show where the image should be inserted) and supplied in one of the following formats: JPG, PNG or GIF
- Use bullet points within your submitted article to emphasise important information that you wish to convey to the reader
- All blog article submissions are to be delivered in PDF format and sent to the following email address: email@example.com
- Your bio: should be no more than 60 words in length and should include an appropriate portrait image (no greater than 200 pixels x 200 pixels in size and provided in JPEG, PNG or GIF format) as well as your twitter handle and/or any other relevant links you wish to display such as your business website, Facebook profile, Github account etc
- ALL submitted content MUST be copyrighted to the person making the submission. This includes, but is not limited to, text and any supplied media assets such as images, videos, infographics etc
- The person submitting articles for publication to the Mastering Ionic website agrees that they are fully authorised to do so and that they fully indemnify Saints at Play Limited, James Griffiths and all associated parties involved in the management and delivery of the Mastering Ionic website from any and all legal disputes that may arise from the content that they have submitted
- Submitted content must not contain any illegal, offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable material such as, but not limited to, racism, sexism and religious hatred for example, that may violate laws in the jurisdictions where that content may be able to be viewed
- Submitted content is copyrighted to the author of that content and will, if deemed of a high quality and relevant to the technology areas covered in the Mastering Ionic website blog, be displayed on the Mastering Ionic blog with full attribution to the author including links to their own online resources
- No monetary transactions nor any royalties, of any kind whatsoever, will be owed to the person, nor any business partners, staff and/or related third parties that they might be connected with, who is submitting the article content for its publication and hosting on the Mastering Ionic website
- To avoid potential penalisation by search engines, or in a worse case scenario blacklisting/removal from search rankings altogether, for duplicate content no posting/publication of the submitted article is allowed on any other website unless that article is rejected by the Mastering Ionic moderator (in which case the person submitting the content is free to do with that as they please). If a submitted article is later found to be duplicated on the authors website/social media presence or similar web based electronic resource then it shall be promptly removed from publication on the Mastering Ionic website. The author is, of course, free to link to the article and promote that online as they see fit
- The person submitting the article agrees that they alone are responsible for insuring the submitted content and any/all supplied assets against loss, damage, corruption or any other mishap (whether accidental or otherwise) and that Saints at Play Limited, James Griffiths and all associated parties involved in the management and delivery of the Mastering Ionic website are not in any way, shape or form responsible for doing so
- If amendments to the submitted article are required to be made these will be sent back to the person who made the submission for their approval prior to publication
- Article moderation can take up to 7 days before a decision is made as to whether the article is published or rejected. All decisions will be communicated via email
- Saints at Play Limited and James Griffiths reserve the right to reject submitted article content if it is not deemed of a high enough written standard, does not complement/fit well with the technologies/subject matter covered on the Mastering Ionic website or fails to comply with these guidelines
- I do NOT capture any personal, identifying information about you when visiting each page in this website, this includes information such as your name, date of birth, legal residence and financial details for example. Information that I do capture is only that provided by yourself should you choose to subscribe to the website mailing list or get in touch via the online feedback form, this includes: full name, telephone number, e-mail address, IP address and OS/Browser type. Additionally the website may log any and all search terms you enter and your mouse clicks to help improve services that I provide by determining where elements of the website may not be functioning effectively.
- I do NOT, under any circumstances, unless explicitly required to do so by law, provide any individual/agency/organisation outside of my business Saints at Play Limited with any and all information you supply about yourself such as through the website mailing list or online feedback form. This does not include my hosting and/or mailing list provider who will be able to access data stored under my business acccount
These cookies can NOT and do NOT capture any personal, identifying information about you during your visit.
- This website uses google analytics and heatmap analysis codes to track user behaviour. By using this website you agree that any and all information gathered by Google through your visit is not the responsibility of myself/Saints at Play Limited and, as a result, you agree that I/we cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable for such data captured by Google. Heatmap analysis tracks the mouse clicks you make when clicking on various pages of the website and is used to provide feedback about how effectively the website functions on a usability level. Heatmap analysis also tracks your browser type and screen resolution/colour. You additionally agree by accessing and using this website that such data can be tracked and used by myself/Saints at Play Limited without any limitation other than not being provided to any parties outside of myself/Saints at Play Limited and the heatmap software provider.
Keep up to date with the latest news and developments in the Ionic world with our free e-mail newsletter.
Subscribe today and benefit from the following:
- Advance notice of blog articles
- Product news & announcements
- Details of current & upcoming promotions
- Discounts on new e-book releases
My promise to you
I won’t deluge you with spam or share/sell your details with others and you can always unsubscribe from receiving newsletters whenever you want.
Thank you for signing up to the mailing list!
A newsletter will be sent out shortly.
You weren't able to be signed up to the mailing list at this time.